Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Haircut!!!

First, an aside. When I started this blog, I intended it to be more about Tboy. This is because I think the 'typical' child is really the other child in a special needs family. But it seems that I really only write about Tgirl. I just felt compelled to say that. I do have things to say about Tboy, but I guess I am just not ready yet.

Now onto the post!

We are going to get Tgirl's haircut in a few minutes. We cut it short over the summer for several different reasons. Not the least of which is she was getting tired of having her hair blown dry every night. I was also not relishing the thought of drying her hair night after night after night with no end in sight. So, we chopped it off. She loved it!! It is also nice because as it turns out, she can comb her own hair now - which she also loves.

Unfortunately, she is often mistaken for a boy, even when she is dressed in pink. At no time was this more apparent than late summer/early fall when she was in a 'wear her brother's clothes phase'.

Anyway - we are going to get a haircut in about an hour and we will see what we end up with. It's been about two months since her last one. I think I want it to be wispy-er and shorter to see if that helps.

Be back later!

Here she is :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment