Monday, March 1, 2010

We Call Them Gerolsteiners

Here is what we are having for dinner:


We call them Gerolsteiners. Yes, I know that is really bottled water. They are really Desperised Bierocks, a recipe that I cut out of the paper years and years ago. We couldn't pronounce the name so we came up with this one.Why? I have no idea.

File it away with the scores of other things that I *swore* I would remember and have since forgotten. Like some of the really cute songs we used to sing to/about the kids. We had one for their nap time, back when they were babies, sung to the tune of Gilligan's Island. I wish I remembered the words. It started out something like "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful nap," and that is all I remember. The ending was "My sister she just laughed at me, and sucked her little thumb, sucked her little thumb". I am sure there was something funny in the middle, but is gone with time. I even remember my husband saying we should write down the lyrics so we would remember them when the kids were older. But no, I was so sure I would never ever forget that little song, I never did.

Why is it that it seems the happy little memories you think you will remember forever fade from memory and the horrible icky things you would much rather forget stay with you forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment